11 Things about Dane Findley
by Dane Findley
1. I was born and raised in California.
2. One rainy Saturday afternoon as a young boy, I happened to see a Tony Curtis movie on tv called The Rat Race – and it occurred to me for the first time that I was a "creative."
3. I’ve worked as a wellness coach and Pilates trainer for decades. To this day, I remain passionate about fitness, yoga and – in particular – Pilates.
4. I have a masters degree in counseling psychology and have over 200 health articles published online.
5. I love people, yet I require enormous amounts of solitude in order to maintain my happy disposition.
6. I live on an off-the-grid, tropical island farm. I shower outdoors in rain water, and my electricity comes from the sun.
7. Professionally, my spouse and I help people upgrade their daily lifestyle by finding them the home that best matches their unique interests – including people who are relocating internationally.
8. I wiggle my toes a lot – I’m a big believer in joy.
9. My favorite novel of all time is Another Roadside Attraction – a quirky story that reveals how to allow abundant happiness into your life even when you’re convinced you’ll never fully fit in.
10. The most inspiring movie I’ve ever seen is a 1940s melodrama called Now, Voyager. It reveals a heroine’s journey from woundedness into empowerment.
11. I’m so enthusiastic about helping people craft their ideal lifestyle that I curate six different websites on the subject:
Radically Remote – for passionate people who live and work in interesting places
Estate Homes LA – adventures in Southern California living
Big Island Estate Homes – tropical island luxury
Best Smoothie.recipes – transforming health through the anti-inflammatory diet
Over Fifty and Fit – evidence-based fitness training for the next phase of life
instantDane.tv – wake up to wellness!